On Saturday we went to Logan's soccer game. It was fun to see the little kids run around on the field. They only played 3 from each team at a time, which is such a good ideas, because each child gets to interact with the ball a lot more often.
We brought some bubble blowing toys for Logan and Lucas. I wish we could have bought more of them, because the toys were wonderful, blowing hundreds of bubble with just the pull of a trigger. We also had fun playing Carcasone ( a game) and Race for the Galaxy (another game) and just playing legos and kicking balls with the kids.
Later we went apple picking again, and the kids also chose some pumpkins from a pumpkin patch at the same farm. We got to see Lucas' preschool and Logan's school. They both love their teachers.
On another day we went for a short hike up a shady, pine covered mountain to the top. We could see all the surrounding hills, and in the distance, the city of Moscow. A man at the top talked to Logan and I about the geology of the mountain.
So a few days later we reluctantly said goodbye to Glen and his family and drove to Coer de Alene. We stopped to stretch our legs at the lake and took some pictures. Then we drove to Great Falls. The drive is incredibly beautiful, with many of the trees beginning to turn gold.
It was great to see Eric and Nancie and all their kids. Greg helped Eric get the boat ready for our boating day. Nancie and I took the kids to the fabric store to pick out fabric. They had a great time choosing the fabrics for their items. I sewed a super-hero cape for Trevor. He wanted it blue on one side and black with a red lightning bolt on the other side. He loved it. I also made a lavender sparkly maxi skirt for Kaylinn. She looked adorable in it and loved it too. I made peacock colored paisley maxi skirt for Catherine. It was so gratifying to see how truly thrilled she was about her skirt. At one point she paused and said, "Wait, maybe this is just a dream!" She pinched herself, and we assured her it was not a dream. She continued to thank me over and over every few minutes. I was so happy to be able to bring so much enjoyment to her. I only regret not taking pictures of the cape and skirts! Nancie, maybe you would do that for me!
On Saturday we went boating. It was so amazingly warm for the middle of October. It really felt like summer. The day was gorgeous with hardly any wind - perfect for boating. We went across the little lake into the Missouri river to a place called, The Gates of the Mountain. It was named by Lewis and Clark. We picnicked at a place where Lewis and Clark camped during their explorations. The river goes between high cliffs where we saw deer, eagles, and eagle's nest, and ducks and other birds. As you approach the "Gates" of the mountain, they seem to be closed. But as you come around the curve, they seems to slide back into the mountain. I pointed it out to Trevor and Kaylinn, and the exclaimed, "How do they DO that!" It really does look like they are opening.
It was a great trip, but I miss them all already. :)









2 comments:
Sounds like you had some wonderful visits! ~Marie
So good to see you all and how Logan has grown since we meet him a few Falls ago. Lovely to see you in Coeur de Alene - Chris took me there on my first trip to your fantastic country. So good to see the youngsters having such fun. I look forward to seeing the magical skirt. Thinking of you all with love Louisa, your English cousin!
Post a Comment