I took the Shuttle to stay with Alex’s kids while he and Lanette went to Hawaii.
The day I arrived it was Winrey’s 6th
birthday.
This is the skirt I made
her. It is very full and pretty. Winrey is one of the sweetest little girls you will every meet, She is helpful and kind to her brothers and very generous. She is fun and creative and loves to make things.
Below is a picture of Aedin in his pajamas. Aedin is one of the nicest, kindest, most helpful boys I have ever known. He is a wonderful big brother and a joy to be with. He is a boy with a strong sense of what is right, and always tries to choose the right. He was so helpful to me as I took care of him and his brother and sister.
This is Cedar. He
turned two last fall. He had a cold,
which is why his cheeks are red. He is a
sweet, happy boy and almost always smiling. He is also very curious and wants to do whatever everyone else is doing.
The first night I was
there, he woke up crying in the night. It was about the only time he cried, but he was missing him mom. I
ended up taking him to bed with me, so unfortunately I caught his cold. I’m finally getting over it.
These are the chicken tequitos that Lanette made for
Winrey’s birthday party. She also made
Key Lime Pie at Winrey’s request! Yum!
Very early the next morning, Alex and Lanette left for their
flight.
Over the next week, as Alex and Lanette enjoyed Hawaii,
the kids and I had a lot of fun. I
forgot to take pictures of most of the things we did. However, this is a list of some of our fun:
Especially for
Cedar:
- Used colored water to demonstrate color mixing
- Played with a beanbag
- Sorted toys into piles by color
- Colored with crayons
We also:
- Made Valentines
- Played Board games
- Watched movies
- Looked at Hawaii pictures including: volcanoes, fish, resorts, beaches, fruits, surfing, cultural arts center
- Made an erupting volcano with a vase, vinegar, soda, and red food coloring
- Played with clay
- Made paper dolls and clothes
- Made Cookies
- Played Pirates and treasure hunt
- Read stories and told stories
- All helped to think up parts for a story
- Played with toy gliders
- Sang songs
- Ate yummy food
- Cleaned up the house for Alex and Lanette to come home.
My cold made my brain a little foggy, so I forgot all about
the other games I brought such as memory game, kids pictionary, and some card
games. But that will give us something
to look forward to next time I come!
When
Alex and Lanette came home there showed us a video taken during their helecopter
tour of the mountains of Kauai in Hawaii. They were breathtaking!







No comments:
Post a Comment