Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another Snowstorm!


Are you tired of seeing pictures of snow?

All the snow was gone, and on Friday the street sweepers came for the first time since winter and swept up all the gravel that had been put down all winter. It is so nice to have the streets clear and clean again.

Then on Saturday, I went to work with Greg and we saw several patients. . As we pulled into the driveway after work, I commented that we would need to rake the yard and do some Spring yard cleanup when we had some time.

At about 3:00 or so it began snowing round "Styrofoam" snow. It was coming down pretty hard and it started to pile up. Greg cleared the surprising amount of snow off my windshield and I headed to the grocery store. When I got out of the store, there was at least 4 inches of snow on the ground and it was coming down very fast in huge flaky snowballs. It was really hard to push the grocery cart through the deep, slippery snow. There was no wind, but the visibility was only about half a block. I cleared off the car so I could see, and by the time I got all the windows cleared, I had to start over. I quickly wiped them again and made sure my car was in 4-wheel drive.

On the way home, I had to go up a steep hill. Several people in their cars were at the side of the road, on cell phones, because they couldn't get up the hill. There were two cars ahead of me, and they were fishtailing, so I kept way back in case they started sliding down the hill. Sure enough, they did slide, but were able to stop and get over to the side.

With my heavy 4-wheel drive Suburban in low gear, I was pretty sure I could make it, so I slowly made my way up the hill. I got home just fine.

After Greg and Glen helped me bring in the groceries, they put on their warm clothes and headed out to sled down the street! Greg went down several times. I went down with Glen once, and then tried to go again by myself, but several cars were trying to get up the street so I had to stop.

One car tried about 4 or 5 times and finally had to park at the bottom and walk up to his house.

Later, Glen called to us to check out what he had made in the backyard!

This is one of he biggest storms we've had in several years. We got about 5-6 inches in about 2 hours. It will probably all melt away in a day or two, so we didn't even bother to shovel the driveway.

The snow is beautiful, we really need the water, I really do like snow, but all the same, I hope that soon I will post pictures of daffodils!


Click on the photos to see them supersized!

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Ahhh... These pictures make me homesick. =) But, I can't say I would enjoy the snow much if I was there freezing, either!

Amber / fluzzy said...

Yeah that was pretty crazy! Driving later that night was scary.

Lorajean said...

goodness yo are all getting way more snow than us! We were finally able to see our whole lawn just today. It looks so beautiful though. Clean an white.

Xizix said...

Wow thats a lot of snow we have not had any stick for over 40~ days. I miss sledding down eastridge. im glad you had some fun with the snow.